Yesterday Sony released a brand new firmware update for the Playstation 3, software update v.3.70.
The update will include a wealth of wanted features if your Playstation Plus member, but if you’re not, then there is very little to be excited about as far as game updates.
The list of features include:
- The Automatic Update feature is the new name for the old Automatic Download. (PS+ Only)
- The newly named feature will now also auto-sync your trophies when the Update time is met. (PS+ Only)
- A new auto upload save feature will also be implemented at this time, only the saves that have been selected by the user will be uploaded. (PS+ Only)
- A new recommendation feature will be added that is used to recommend Playstation Store items, with your Playstation Network friends. A message will be sent to them with a link to the store.
- For the 3D Blu Ray lovers out there, 2 specific updates for you. 3 D support will now allow Java-based special features for Blu-Ray DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HR decoding/bit stream output (or lossless audio).
- As well as now allowing the viewing of 3D digital photos in MPO on the XMB and in the Photo Gallery app.
The update is a welcome one, but non-Playstation Plus members have had a very unwelcome couple of months in terms of content.
With a recent slump in number of game related updates, coupled with the huge hack a few months ago, non-subscribers have reason to feel left out; up until last year these kinds of updates were always free to all members.
Regardless, the update is available right now on your PS3.